9.03.2009

2 weeks....3,000 miles later







This is a shout out to all the parents who read my blog, we do what we have to do. If one of your children says they need you....you go. And so it was, 2 weeks ago as I packed up the back of my Trail Blazer in a matter of 30 minutes, threw Skuttle into the front seat (buckled in of course), kissed the 'hub' goodbye and off to Texas I went. I must say driving through Jacob's Lake up around the North Rim of the Grand Canyon in the dark can be a bit 'nervy'. Not to mention the scads of mule deer along the side of the road. After coming around a corner I encountered one in the middle of the road. A quick screech of the brakes and both deer and driver were safe. I got all the way to Flagstaff, Arizona, spent the night and headed in the rest of the way the following day. I met up w/Tim and Katie @ the local Olive Garden where we proceeded to have dinner out on the patio and discuss what I could do to help while I was there. "Could you just make me dinner every night when I get home from work and we can just be 'normal'?"....you betcha!! Dinners of stuffed peppers, meatloaf and Tim's favorite grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup (out of a can) were on the menu. While I was there, Tim and Katie were moving out of the house they shared for the last year and moving into their own places. If I never see another "Mr.Clean" white out sponge ......that will be just fine w/me. I believe we probably went through about TEN!!! When I wasn't home cooking I ate out alot!!! Infamous words from my dad from our last trip to Montana became my 'motto' "If I eat @ one more fast food restaurant I am going to throw up." Ahhhhhhh dad....and you didn't think I 'got you'. I left to come home on Tuesday morning @ 3 a.m. and arrived in my driveway @ 7:45 p.m. When you miss your 'hub' you ALSO do what you have to do. I've blogged alot in the year and half since I started....have I shared w/you my favorite verse in the bible? Well, if I have, please allow me redundancy as I share it again. "God will do exceedingly abundantly beyond what you can ask or imagine." Notice there's no comma between 'exceedingly and abundantly', that's not a typo...that's the way it was written. Not just exceedingly. Not just abundantly. No..w/God it's Exceedingly Abundantly. I like that about Him. At the risk of straying to far from being a 'travel' blog and into a religious one I must close w/one more verse...because it's the most important one of the trip. When Tim was just a little boy about 8 years old I was worried about him. (Some of you know that became a pattern w/me when it came to Tim.) The verse on my devotion that day read "God will accomplish what concerns me." I wrote Tim's name by it and it has been my Tim verse for 13 years. That page in my bible is stained w/tears and worn from the many times I have turned to it and reminded God of that day. There's something new written next to his name. 8/23/09. That's the day God answered. It was a memorable trip....but that's Tim's story to share. I'm so glad I was there to be a part of it.

1 comment:

Timothy Stepp said...

Great blog, ma! Can't wait to start talking about each others blog posts. Thanks for coming and can't wait to see you and dad soon!