7.23.2009

Wild Flowers


Took a trip up to Cedar Breaks NP on Saturday w/our friends the Halfacres. It was the last weekend for the wildflower festival. It was somewhere between 90 and 100 degrees in St. George vs. 70 to 80 up in the mountains. We were about 10,000 ft. up. It was lovely. We then drove down to Navajo Lake and followed a dirt road that ran for 28 miles and brought us out on on the NE side of Zion NP. We stopped along the way and had a picnic dinner complete with white table cloth and napkins. On the way we saw wild turkeys and a precious little spotted doe trying to get to it's mother who was on the other side of a fence. It took great restraint not to jump out and try to help the lil' fella. Like I would have caught her/him. We didn't get home until almost 11p.m. It's the place to be in the summer. When I got to 'boot camp' on Monday afternoon several other peeps were up there over the weekend as well. At this moment I am watching Apollo 13 (for the 100th time), while the 'hub' sits opposite of me working. Skully is roaming the ranch looking for a place to park his booty. He can't seem to make up his mind. The sky is dark w/rain clouds and the wind is whipping through the air (OKLAHOMA where the ........) :) It's doing everything but rain. We need rain.....can't remember the last time it rained here. Tomorrow I'm off to Las Vegas to pick up some dog food and visit one of my favorite stores that use to be right down the street from me in Allentown, Stein Mart. Taking my friend Vicki along for company. Should be fun....hot....but fun. Until another trip.....I say farewell.

No comments: