4.20.2008

The Campsite





Woke up to beautiful sunshine and the sound of birds singing. The day was starting out great. Now, for those of you who know me, you know how I am about my coffee. I want it fast, hot and strong. We bought one of those coffee makers where you put the pods in and make a cup at a time. I hadn't found any pods that I liked the taste of, so, I knew when we got here that "Tuesday Morning" carried a brand that was very tasty. Katie brought me out a box when we arrived, and got it for quite the deal, .99 cents. You know why it was that cheap? Juan Valdez had expired. We even tried putting two pods in to see if we could get a good cup of coffee. Huh awh........pee water. I have not had a good cup of coffee in two days. I'm starting to get the shakes wondering when my next fix is gonna happen. We even bought a bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee and thought we would just make it in our old fashioned coffee maker, the kind you put on the stove and let it brew. Opened the bag.........beans. No grinder. On today's 'to do' list......find good coffee.
My friend CoCo Colette bought me a lovely chime as a going away present. I hung it on the awning and thought of her. It is beautiful and makes a lovely noise. Like her :) We also, made the big trek to Waco to watch Katie run at Baylor U. She did great and it was fun to be whistling and shouting her name again each time she went by. However, I can officially say I am 'sick' of riding in the car. Anytime we start to get in it, Skully starts to shake and run. I would say we've all had enough of travel for a few days. We are going to enjoy our campsite today, get some laundry done, go to the gym, buy a grinder and have the kids over for a cookout. Big day, but I will love every minute of it.

1 comment:

bagman said...

So why is it that every time I see your blog title, I start singing that old Ricky Nelson tune - "Travelin Man".
Coincidence? I think not.
Hope you're enjoying your stay in the Wichita Falls area. I once spent 3 memorable months at Sheppard AFB back in 96. Loved the area.