11.25.2008

Genuine Jubilation











Katie raced in the NCAA XC finals in Slippery Rock, Pa this weekend. We were fortunate enough to be able to be there. Her goal was to be an All-American. It was colder then all get out. Snow was flying, the wind was blowing and I'm sure it was well into the teens. My feet were frozen. However, as I raced around the course to catch her at different spots, whistle and try and take a picture, I didn't feel anything put excitement and pride for our #2 child. If she never ran another race, or placed dead last in every one she was in I would still be proud of her. She ran like a champion and accomplished her goal. How blessed we are that God gave us Katie. She is the whole package wrapped up in a compact, petite ball. She is determined, brave, beautiful, strong, hilariously witty and runs like the wind. This blog is for her. She is my hero!

No comments: